This contest has ended, see the results
- $2500 + Moonshine Snowboard
- $2500 + Speak Easy Snowboard
Presented exclusively by Blank You Very Much, here is your chance to create a new snowboard graphic design for two boards that will be featured as Burton Snowboards’ new ‘Backyard Project’.
Download the design template, asset files, and follow the artwork guidelines to submit your own unique designs now.
Two winning designs will be selected and used exclusively as the new ‘Moonshine’ and ‘Speak Easy’ Burton snowboard models.
Both boards will be produced at Craig’s Prototype Facility (Burlington, VT) and made available for purchase at a selection of the best snowboard shops around the globe.
Please follow the Burton & BYVM Rules and Guidelines, and enter now for your chance to win the $2,500 Grand Prize for each board model!
The Top 10 Finalists will also all be receiving a Burton snowboard with their own design courtesy of Burton Snowboards!
Here’s how it’s going to go down…
• Designers are required to submit an entry for both board models (two designs per entry) (Moonshine & Speak Easy).
• The top 20 designers will then be identified from the Public Voting of all BYVM users and from offline voting by BURTON.
• Once voting closes, each of the 2 designs from the Top 20 designers (40 designs in total) will then be submitted to Burton’s participating ‘Backyard’ snowboard shops for staff voting.
• Shops will vote (offline) for their favorite Moonshine and Speak Easy design, selecting their top 5 for each board model.
• The top 5 designs for each board model will then be sampled and built onto actual snowboards for final voting.
• Final Judges, Burton Pro Riders Mark Sollors and Danny Davis, will each then hand select their favorite design for both the Moonshine and Speak Easy snowboards.
• Grand Prize Finalist for each model will receive a $2,500 cash prize + Snowboards.
• Designers of the top 10 boards will all receive the actual boards from the final judging that featured his or hers own original design!
• It is possible for one designer to win both Grand Prizes should each board design advance into the final 10 and be selected by the final Judges.
The stakes are high! Download the logo assets, follow the artwork guidelines provided and get started now.
Please allow up to 72 hours for approval of your design
Must be over 18 to participate, open to global participants
ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, MUST DIGITALLY ACCEPT BURTON & BYVM RULES BEFORE ENTERING
Each entry must contain a design for both board models.
The guidelines are as follows:
• Art submitted is only for the top sheet of the board. Base to be designed by Burton.
• All submissions must include original word-marks that include the model name (‘Moonshine’ or ‘Speakeasy’) and brand name (‘Burton’). Neither should be located in the binding mounting areas.
• Word-marks may be altered to fit the overall aesthetic of the design. The logo assets provided are just a starting point.
• Any medium is OK (painting, watercolors, pen and ink, digital, etc.)
• No digital camera photography unless done by professional with adequate equipment/technology.
• All art should have ½ inch bleed on all sides of board shape.
• All designs should be targeted to a 16 years and older demographic
• Please follow additional recommendations and guidelines provided in the design template files.
ELEMENTS THAT MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR DESIGN (in the following hierarchy):
• Board name – “Moonshine” or “Speakeasy”
• “Burton” name/logo
• Do not place this info within the binding "channel" area, it must be visible
WHENEVER POSSIBLE, TO ASSURE QUALITY STANDARDS AND APPROPRIATE COLOR REPRODUCTION FOR SCREEN PRINTING OR DIGITAL PRINTING: ALL SCANS ARE TO BE MADE BY BURTON FROM ORIGINAL ARTWORK. WINNERS WILL BE REQUESTED AND REQUIRED TO DELIVER HI-RES FILES.
BURTON SNOWBOARDS & BYVM EXPRESSLY RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY ANY SUBMISSIONS THAT DO NOT STRICTLY CONFORM TO THESE GUIDELINES
OFFICIAL CONTEST TIMELINE:
DESIGN ROUND: November 1st - November 30th
COMMUNITY / BURTON VOTING: December 1st - December 17th
TOP 20 DESIGNERS MOVE ON TO BURTON DEALER SELECTIONS SEMI-FINALS (OFFLINE): December 18th - December 31st
AFTER DEALER SELECTIONS, THE TOP TEN FINAL BOARDS ARE PROTOTYPED: January 1st - January 25th
BURTON PRO RIDERS FINAL JUDGING ROUND, GRAND PRIZE WINNERS ANNOUNCED: January 26th - January 30th
November 1st, 2012 at 12:01am
Entries Accepted Until
November 30th, 2012 at 11:59pm
From 12:01am on December 1st, 2012 to December 17th, 2012 at 11:59pm
Starting December 18th, 2012
Shortly after January 30th, 2013